Four doctrines/beliefs/practices and their explanations:
Four Noble Truths –
1. The First Noble Truth: The existence of suffering.
2. The Second Noble Truth: The cause of suffering.
3. The Third Noble Truth: The end of suffering.
4. The Fourth Noble Truth:
End of all pain, by way of the Eight-Fold Path.
The Eight-Fold Path –
1. Step One: Accept the
Four Noble Truths and the Eight-Fold Path.
2. Step Two: Relinquish pleasures of the senses. Show
no ‘ill-will’ towards animals, and humans.
3. Step Three: Do not abuse anyone with lies; do not hold
4. Step Four: Do not
devastate any existing creatures; take what is given to you and /only/ what is given to you; do not obligate to any illegal,
5. Step Five: Earn a living only by means that will not
6. Step Six: Work as hard as possible to solve all conflicts.
Endeavor to be a perfected person.
7. Step Seven: Observe, strive, stay alert, and pensive,
as well as liberated of sorrow and desire.
8. Step Eight: When all pleasures, of the sense, have
been abandoned, one must enter the ‘Four Degrees of Meditation’; such created by concentration.
Buddhist Precepts – Five precepts that
all Buddhists should follow, are:
1. Kill nothing living.
2. Don’t steal.
3. Don’t consign to adultery.
4. Don’t lie.
5. Don’t drink alcohol, or take
Precepts of Monks and Nuns – Five precepts
that apply to Monks and Nuns:
1. Eat only that which you need, and
when you are supposed to.
2. Evade events that motivate the senses.
3. Do not dress yourself in adornments.
4. Do not sleep in beds of luxury.
5. Accept no money (silver/gold).